Are you a coffee lover who wants to enjoy your favorite drink in the evenings too? If the answer is yes, then a coffee cocktail is definitely what you are looking for!
As one of the tastiest mixed drinks, the combination of bittersweet coffee and sweet liqueur will have you hooked throughout the evening. Besides having it as dessert in the evening, it can also be the perfect drink to kick your afternoon slump as long as you can handle caffeine.
With so many recipes on the internet, you may get confused over which one you should try. So, we have rounded up a list of top coffee cocktail recipes you can try at home.
1. Espresso Martini
The Espresso Martini is the best choice for a pick-me-up on a lazy afternoon or an after-dinner drink. The mix of bittersweet coffee, the sweetness of Kahlua, and vodka make a sophisticated drink that is refreshing, cool, and just sweet enough for you to enjoy.
- 4 tablespoons of vodka
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons of espresso or strong coffee
- Coffee beans
- Make the espresso in an espresso machine. If you want to use strong coffee, prepare it with the coffee machine.
- Mix the vodka, Kahula, and espresso in a cocktail shaker. Add some ice cubes and shake vigorously until they are cold and mixed well.
- Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish the top with the coffee beans.
- Enjoy your drink!
2. Iced Irish Coffee
The list would be incomplete without this classic iced Irish coffee. It may be the first drink that comes across many people’s minds when thinking of a coffee cocktail. The combination of bitter coffee, whisky, and frothy whipped cream will give you a pleasing moment as you enjoy the drink.
- 6 ounces of hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon of brown or white sugar
- 1 ½ ounce of Irish whiskey
- Fresh cream
- Prepare your favorite coffee as you like it. You can also use decaf coffee if you don’t want a strong coffee taste.
- Make your homemade whipped cream using fresh cream. Ensure you whip the cream to soft peaks so that it has the perfect consistency to top the drink.
- Pour the coffee into a glass or coffee mug. Leave about an inch of the top for the whipped cream. Then, add the sugar and whiskey and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Gently put the whipped cream on top of the drink using the back of a spoon.
- Ready to be served.
3. Gingerbread Coffee Cocktail
This gingerbread coffee cocktail is a creamy and flavorful holiday beverage ideal for chilly nights. It is very easy to prepare with ingredients and spices that you most likely have at home. This coffee cocktail is suitable for parties or to unwind after a long day at work.
- 1 cup of water
- ⅔ cup of half-and-half
- ¼ cup of molasses
- ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¼ cup of dark rum
- ½ cup of whipped cream
- Ginger cookies
- Add all ingredients except rum, whipped cream, and ginger cookies into a pot or a Tefal pan and heat over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar and coffee are completely dissolved.
- Add in the rum and stir.
- Pour it into a mug and top the drink with whipped cream. Then, garnish the drink with the coffee granules.
- Serve with the ginger cookies to add in the sweet taste.
4. White Russian
White Russian is a total treat suitable to be served during any season. This sweet beverage, which is a mix of vodka, heavy cream, and coffee liqueur, is a classic drink that has been around since the 1950s. Here’s how you can prepare it in the simplest and easiest way.
- 4 tablespoons of vodka
- 2 tablespoons of Kahlua or any coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Ice cubes
- Add the vodka and Kahlua into a glass.
- Put in the ice and add the heavy cream.
- Stir it vigorously and you will get a solid beige drink. Another option is to just stir it gently for the swirl effect which will give you a beautiful pattern.
- Enjoy the drink!
5. Kahlua Coffee
This sweet coffee-flavored liqueur is perfect for any time of the day, whether for dessert or as a brunch drink. You can mix it with some cream or serve it as a black coffee. Either way, you will still enjoy the drink.
- 1 cup of coffee
- 2 tablespoons of Kahlua
- Heavy cream (optional)
- Prepare one cup of coffee using your favorite method, whether using an espresso machine or the manual pour-over style.
- Add the Kahlua and cream if you want to.
- Stir them until they mix well, and you can enjoy your coffee cocktail!