Alcoholic drinks come in a wide variety of strengths, from the lightest beers to the strongest spirits. For those who are looking for a stronger drink, there are several options that boast high alcohol content. In this article, we will explore some of the most potent alcoholic drinks with the highest alcohol percentages.
- Everclear: Everclear is a brand of grain alcohol that is available in most U.S. states. It is typically distilled to an alcohol content of around 95% ABV, but some states allow it to be sold at a lower strength of 75.5% ABV. Everclear is a colorless, odorless spirit that is often used as a base for making liqueurs and infusions. Due to its high alcohol content, it is often considered to be a dangerous and irresponsible drink, and it is not recommended to consume it as a stand alone.
- Spirytus: Spirytus is a Polish brand of vodka that is distilled to an alcohol content of 96% ABV, making it one of the strongest vodkas in the world. It’s commonly used as a base for other strong alcoholic drinks and is considered to be the highest alcohol percentage of any drink.
- Bruichladdich X4: The Bruichladdich X4 is a quadruple-distilled whisky that is made by Bruichladdich distillery in Scotland. It is bottled at a hefty 92% ABV, making it one of the strongest whiskies in the world. This whisky has a strong peaty flavor and is intended to be used as a mixer rather than being drunk neat.
- Bacardi 151: Bacardi 151 is a rum that is made by Bacardi, a brand of rum that is popular in many countries around the world. Bacardi 151 is a high-proof rum that is bottled at 75.5% ABV, which makes it one of the strongest rums available on the market. Due to its high alcohol content, Bacardi 151 is often used to light cocktails on fire, due to its flammable nature.
- Pincer: Pincer is a British brand of vodka that is distilled to an alcohol content of around 88% ABV. It is considered to be one of the strongest vodkas in the world and is often used as a base for other strong alcoholic drinks.
- Hankey Bannister 40 Year Old: Hankey Bannister is a brand of blended Scotch whisky that is distilled to an alcohol content of around 43% ABV. It’s considered a higher alcohol percentage when compared to regular blended scotch, which is usually around 40% ABV.
- Absinthe: Absinthe is a spirit that is made from a combination of herbs, including wormwood, anise, and fennel. It is typically distilled to an alcohol content of around 55-75% ABV, but some brands can reach as high as 90%. Absinthe is known for its strong and unique flavor, which has a strong anise flavor, and it is often served with a sugar cube that is set on fire and then dripped into the drink.
- Golden Grain: a high-proof neutral spirit made from corn, often used in industrial applications as well as in cocktails. Alcohol percentage: 190 proof (95% ABV)
- Grain alcohol: a neutral spirit made from various grains, used as a mixer or base for other alcoholic drinks. Alcohol percentage: 95-190 proof (47.5-95% ABV