Why you should always tip the bartender.
People can be divided into good tippers and bad tippers. Good tippers normally get better service while bad tippers often have the feeling to be ignored while waiting at the bar.
There are many reasons to tip a bartender well. If you think of a good reason to tip the bartender you can comment below or contact us so we can add it to our list.
Provide us with your name and website or social media account if you want us to link your reason to tip a bartender back to you.
We are looking forward to hearing your reasons why to tip a barkeeper!
Bartenders deserve a nice tip because…
1. Tipping a bartender will lead to faster service
2. You’ll get stiffer drinks
3. You’ll get one or more free drink(s)
4. Bartenders have to deal with you when you are drunk
5. You’ll get better service
6. The bartender will be keeping the bar wiped down so your arms won’t stick to the bar
7. The bartender can cut you off when you have too much to drink
8. The IRS taxes bartenders on an estimated 8% of tips
9. The bartender will be much more pleasant
10. For bartenders it is a substantial part of their income
11. It is a nice way of showing off
12. You don’t want the server to think badly of you
13. You know the bartender gets paid a miserable hourly wage
14. It takes time to make a good cocktail and that should be paid well
15. You spend more time with the bartender than you do with your wife/husband
16. They tip out the barback who changes kegs, brings ice, and runs for supplies keeping things behind the bar running smoothly — David Curtis – BartenderLife
17. You secretly have an eye on the bartender or barmaid – Carol Drinks – Carol Drinks
18. The bartender has the last say in whether you get served or not – Michael Crabbe – Michael Crabbe
19. You keep voting to lower the minimum wage and the bartender is already in poverty – Karl Michael May – Karl Michael May
20. The bartender will make you’re drink ten times better than if you’re not tipping! – Stephen Wilks – The Victoria, Birmingham
21. You are ppreciating the service – Kiki Bhutia – RIBS restaurant & bar
Feel free to comment on why you think people should tip the bartender!!
And of course don’t forget top tip the bartender generously next time