The world of cocktails is ripe with possibilities as there are so many concoctions you can come up with. After all, with the wide variety of alcohol and accompanying ingredients available, you can create some truly fantastic creations. This includes spinoffs on established cocktails, much like how it works with foods. For example, turning traditional cornbread into healthy vegan cornbread.
Similarly, we will discuss the Long Island Iced Coffee cocktail, a twist on the trendy Long Island Iced Tea cocktail. You may likely be familiar with it, but we will look at this new cocktail with some crucial differences. You may even be wondering if this cocktail is worth trying out. This article will look at how you can make the Long Island Iced Coffee and why it is worth trying out.
Let’s dive in.
Why is Long Island Iced Coffee worth trying?
This cocktail is a must-try for those booze enthusiasts who are also fans of drinking coffee. After all, so many cocktails incorporate coffee, and this is one of them. It essentially gives the Long Island Iced Tea cocktail a unique twist by using coffee as the main ingredient. This way, coffee enthusiasts can start their day with regular coffee and end their day with this coffee brew cocktail. This is also worth trying for people who like to try new drinks. It goes down really easily, considering that there is a higher volume of alcohol than other cocktails.
Which occasion is Long Island Iced Coffee suitable for?
The Long Island Iced Coffee cocktail uses a cold brew, making it an excellent cocktail for hot summer days. It is refreshing and will revitalize you due to the presence of ice and the kick of the coffee. Additionally, this is an excellent drink for coffee lovers who may find it inconvenient to drink coffee at night. You can drink this cocktail after dinner ensuring you can still get your coffee fix. However, this cocktail can be addicting and potent, so vigilance is recommended.
How can you make Long Island Iced Coffee?
This delicious coffee cocktail is straightforward to make. Here’s how you can make it:
- One tablespoon of Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- One tablespoon of Kahlua
- One tablespoon of vodka
- One tablespoon of rum
- One tablespoon of tequila
- Four tablespoons of cold brew coffee
- 2 cups of ice
- Combine these ingredients inside a cocktail shaker with one of the cups of ice
- Shake vigorously for a minute so that the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and they are cool
- Strain the cocktail shaker over into the other glass. Make sure you out the other cup of ice inside
- Serve the drink, and make sure that you drink responsibly. As mentioned before, this cocktail is quite potent.
- You can make cold brew coffee at home in a variety of ways. If you are unsure how to make it, you can opt for iced coffee that you can easily get from the store. Alternatively, if you do not like the sweet taste of these options, you can replace cold brew coffee with standard coffee or espresso.
- Depending on your bar equipment, the measurements may vary. We have mentioned tablespoons as these are more accessible to everyone. If you want standard measurements, you can simply convert one tablespoon into half an ounce.
To sum up
Many iconic cocktails have been concocted. One such cocktail is the Long Island Iced Tea cocktail. This article has looked at a spinoff on this popular drink, the Long Island Iced Coffee cocktail. It is a delicious drink that is ideal for drinking in the summer and for coffee enthusiasts. It is an addictive and potent drink that can be drunk after dinner. We have looked at how you can make this delicious drink using a variety of popular alcohols and cold coffee brews.
We hope this article proves helpful and enables you to make this easy and delicious cocktail recipe for yourself. Thank you for reading, and enjoy it responsibly!